Eleven Totally Workwear / Hard Yakka VFL players have been invited to two Victorian combines to be held in early October.
Eight VFL players will attend the Victorian State Draft Combine across October 4-5 following the conclusion of the national NAB AFL Draft Combine, which will this year move from Marvel Stadium to a new venue in Melbourne to be confirmed in coming weeks.
Players needed to receive at least two nominations from AFL clubs to be invited to attend the State Draft Combine, with a further three VFL players invited to attend the supplementary Rookie Me Combine on Saturday October 5. The combines will assess each player’s strength and skills through several tests in front of AFL clubs.
Werribee has three players invited to attend one of the Victorian combines, while Coburg and the Northern Blues each have two invitees and Collingwood VFL, Geelong VFL, Port Melbourne and Williamstown have one apiece.
Ten VFL players who attended a Victorian combine in 2018 subsequently joined AFL lists for the 2019 season:
- Gold Coast’s Sam Collins (ex-Werribee)
- Western Bulldogs’ Ben Cavarra (Williamstown)
- St Kilda’s Nick Hind (Essendon VFL)
- Melbourne’s Marty Hore (Collingwood VFL)
- Fremantle’s Brett Bewley (Williamstown)
- Western Bulldogs’ Will Hayes (Footscray)
- Adelaide’s Kieran Strachan (Port Melbourne)
- Richmond’s Jake Aarts (Richmond VFL)
- Sydney’s Hayden McLean (Sandringham)
- Melbourne’s Jay Lockhart (Casey Demons)
See the lists of VFL players invited to attend the 2019 Victorian combines below.
VICTORIAN STATE DRAFT COMBINE
ROOKIE ME COMBINE